Family Based Supervisor
New Hire Sign-On Bonus $8,000
The Family Based Supervisor Administratively and clinically supervises the Family Based Mental Health Treatment team.
Responsibilities of Family Based Supervisor:
- Ensure that fidelity to the Ecosystemic Structural Family therapy model from which the Family Based Mental Health program was established.
- Attend WPIC’s Structural Family therapy training and participate in Program Supervisor training.
- Ensure that Rules and Regulations established by the State of Pennsylvania are adhered to and maintained.
- Ensure that the treatment team offers Structural Family Therapy at least twice a week.
- Supervise treatment team to assist families in resolving issues that maintain the identified client living in their house and avoid placement in a more restrictive environment.
- Ensure that all recordkeeping meets the standards of the Barber National Institute and the State of Pennsylvania.
- Offer case management to ensure that the needs of the identified client and family are met.
- Ensure that Family Based Clinicians collaborate with other Child Serving Systems including but not limited to, education, Office of Children and Youth, Juvenile Probation, medical, mental health professionals etc.
- Distribute referrals to treatment teams and monitor and maintain treatment team caseloads.
- Process paperwork and perform reviews to authorize funding for services through the proper channels established by the funding sources.
Qualifications for Family Based Supervisor:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or other related Human Service field.
- Three years of direct care experience working with children/adolescents in the CASSP system.
- Experience providing Structural Family Therapy and/or Systems Therapy.
- Two years of Supervisor experience in the CASSP is required.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Eligibility for State Police Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Clearance
- DHS and PDE FBI clearances required
- Structural Family Therapy training – offered through the Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic – is provided bi-monthly
Perks with a Purpose
Our benefits are created with YOU in mind.
• Highmark Medical and Mental Health
• Free Delta Dental Coverage
• Free Davis Vision Coverage
• Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
• 401K and 403B Retirement Savings options
• On-Demand Pay
• Employee Referral Bonus program
• Student Loan Forgiveness
• College Scholarship & Tuition Discounts
• Employee Discounts
Life & Family Support
• Free Life Insurance
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• LifeSolutions Employee Assistance Program
• Erie Campus*- discounted on-site weekday childcare
• Employee discounts for select events and services
Who is Barber National Institute?
The Barber National Institute is a non-profit committed to its mission of providing the highest quality services for children and adults with autism, intellectual disabilities or behavioral health challenges and their families. Since our founding in 1952, we have evolved into a multi-faceted organization serving more than 6,200 individuals annually with a wide range of educational, vocational, residential, and behavioral health programs.
We are an affirmative action federal contractor equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact HR. EOE